XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) is a medication used to treat or prevent blood clots in a number of different medical conditions. Blood clots that form in the deep vein system may break off and become lodged in the capillaries of the lungs, brain, or other organs. Damage from blood clots may be permanent and can be fatal.
Xarelto may be prescribed for the following:
- Prevent stroke and systemic embolism in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation
- Prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing knee or hip replacement surgery
- Prevent recurrence of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE)
XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) works by preventing the function of the clotting factor Xa. The body forms clots through a complex system of proteins called clotting factors, and by inhibiting factor Xa, XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) slows the formation of blood clots.
The dosage of XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) depends on the condition being treated and how well the kidney is functioning. XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) should be prescribed at the following doses:
- Nonvalvular Atrial fibrillation: 20 mg once daily with food
- Treatment of DVT, PE, and reduction of recurrence: 15 mg twice daily with food for 21 days and then 20 mg once daily with food thereafter
- Prophylaxis of DVT following hip or knee surgery: 10 mg once daily with or without food
Doses 15 mg or higher should be taken with food to improve absorption. Doses below 15 mg can be taken with or without food.
If you have impaired kidney function, your doctor may prescribe a reduced dose.
The active ingredient in XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) is rivaroxaban.
The use of XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) is not recommended in patients with prosthetic heart valves.
XARELTO has the potential to cause serious and fatal bleeding events, including gastrointestinal bleeds, intracranial hemorrhage, and other bleeding complications.
Do not discontinue XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) without speaking to your doctor first. Discontinuing the medication may cause an increased risk of clot formation.
The most common Xarelto Side Effects are bleeding events. These may include:
- Fatal bleeding
- Gastrointestinal bleed
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Intracranial hemorrhage (ICH)
Speak with your doctor for a full list of adverse reactions related to XARELTO (Rivaroxaban) therapy.
Buy Xarelto online from Canada Pharmacy. Find a great Xarelto price by purchasing from an online retailer.