What is flexeril?
Chemical Name: CYCLOBENZAPRINE (sye-kloe-BEN-za-preen)
Flexeril (Cyclobenzaprine) What is Flexeril? Flexeril is a prescription medication. Flexeril belongs to a type of drugs called muscle relaxants. It is used to relax muscles and relieve pain due to muscle spasms. Cyclobenzaprine 10mg works by blocking nerve impulses sent to your brain to prevent muscle spasms. However, it does not affect overall muscle control and function in any way.
Flexeril generic is also available for purchase from Canada Pharmacy.
The medicine needs to be taken orally with a glass of water. You may choose to take it with food or without food. The dosage is usually one pill, three times a day. You can either swallow the capsule as a whole or empty its contents in one tablespoon of applesauce. Swallow the mixture in one go without chewing. Have a glass of water right after to ensure all of the medicine has been swallowed.
Flexeril 5mg tablets contain hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, starch, titanium dioxide, Yellow D&C #10 Aluminum Lake HT, and Yellow FD&C #6 Aluminum Lake.
Flexeril 10mg tablets contain hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, lactose, magnesium stearate, starch, and titanium dioxide.
All medications need to be taken by a doctor’s prescription. Do not alter dosages or skip any dose.
- Taking too much of this medicine also has serious side effects and hence should be avoided.
- Do not use Flexeril if you have used an MAO inhibitor; it can have life-threatening effects.
- Avoid using Flexeril if you have recently undergone heart
- The drug may cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery until fully alert.
- Limit the use of alcohol.
- Do not use this medicine if you have hyperthyroidism.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in this medication as it may lead to an allergic reaction.
- Use Flexeril with a doctor’s recommendation if you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Common side effects of cyclobenzaprine 10mg are:
- Blurred vision
- Upset stomach
- Dryness of mouth
If you notice any serious side effects such as the following, get medical attention immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Pounding heart
- A headache