What is diphenhydramine?
Diphenhydramine HCl belongs to a class of medications known as antihistamines. Benadryl tablets 50 mg work by blocking the effects of histamine that causes a substance released by the body that triggers allergies. Antihistamines are used to treat symptoms caused by allergies such as rash, itching, watery eyes, sneezing, and runny nose. It is also used to relax the mind and body and induce sleep.
You can buy Diphenhydramine HCl from Canada Pharmacy to get your medicines delivered right to your home.
There are multiple forms of this medication available. Benadryl tablets 50 mg and capsules need to be taken through the mouth with a glass of water. It is your choice if you want to take it with food or without it.
The liquid form of Benadryl needs to be taken in equal proportions. Measure the dosage using a measuring device or a special spoon. Avoid using a kitchen spoon as it is likely you will end up taking the incorrect dosage.
The rapidly dissolving tablets or strips need to be allowed to dissolve on the tongue before being swallowed with or without water.
The chewable form of Benadryl needs to be chewed thoroughly before being swallowed.
Benadryl tablets 50 mg contains diphenhydramine HCl 25 mg as well as other ingredients such as
- Candelilla wax
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Polyethylene glycol
- Pregelatinized starch
- Stearic acid
- Titanium dioxide
Let your doctor know about all allergies you suffer from before taking any medicines. Also, seek immediate medical attention in case you notice severe after effects.
- Dizziness is caused by this medicine, until and unless your vision is clear and you are fully conscious, do not engage in activities that require complete alertness such as driving.
- Do not use this drug if pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- Not to be used by breastfeeding mothers as it can have unwanted effects on the nursing child.
- Increased sensitivity in older people.
- Increased excitement in children.
Use all medicines as directed by the doctor. Do not overdose or skip doses. Possible side effects of Benadryl are:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth